Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tropical Storm and stuff.............



Tropical Storm Fay is inching it's way to us as I type this. It's actually quite windy and rainy outside right now. Hubby and I took all the outside items into the garage, took down the flags, and rolled down our storm shutters. I honestly don't think we 'need' the storm shutters, but what the heck. They were put on the house for a reason so we might as well use them. Right? LOL





We have news too.............we've decided to put in a pool! We've been going back and forth about moving and with the market the way it is and the kids in their activities and hubby's business grounded here, we figured we'd stay put a bit longer. And since the local pool companies business is not booming, we were able to fashion out a great deal on a pool. I'm totally excited and the kids are beyond the moon. I can see pool parties and summer cookouts in our future. I'm also planning on planting lots of trees and bushes around the back to come up with some sort of magical getaway.



I'm also thinking about getting an embroidery machine and trying my hand at doing some crafty type things. I love monogrammed towels and accessories, so I thought why now? I can do these for myself and maybe set up a little on the side business??



Oh and this weekend my friend Mandy invited Amy and I over to an open house for her friend who is starting to sell some cosmetics. The house was beautiful! There was one full room dedicated to Mardi Gras. I'm going to see if I can get some pics to share. You all would be so impressed!

5 comments:

Linda said...

We have been going back and forth on the pool thing. We were hoping to sell our house and buy one with a pool. That hasn't happened yet so who knows? I know you guys will have lots of fun. I love the idea of a monograming machine. That would be a great thing to own.
loved the cheer pictures..
Blessings,
Linda

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I am so jealous that you are getting a pool. A family is getting one up our street and when I walk the dog by it I can hardly stand it. The monogram machine sounds like a great idea. Also, my first day of school was okay. No one exciting in my class. Thanks for asking though!

Heidi Zawisza said...

Oh, I am so jealous of the pool!! ha! Not seriously jealous...more like very happy for you, and am officially inviting myself over next summer when we are there!! ha!ha! Oh, and I hope Fay doesn't hit you too hard!!

Shelly said...

Hi girl! Congrats on getting a pool, I can already see your glowing tan from here! LOL! I can't wait to see what you do with a monogramming machine, how cool is that?

CarolinaGirl said...

I have decided to get a monogram machine and have been looking at all kinds. It is so confusing, because if you want to do towels, you have to get a bigger machine with a larger hoop. This allows it to mongram things that are thick, such as towels. So confusing! I don't have a clue.

We have never bought a house w/out a pool! It will spoil you rotten! We love it!