Thursday, October 23, 2008

Headin' to the Farm!

On Tuesday Shelby's class went to the petting zoo and farm for a field trip. It was a glorious day outside. The weather was perfect, the kids were so good, and in the end it was a tiring day for all!

The kids started the field trip by boarding a charter bus to the petting zoo. I remember when we used to go on field trips we'd take the ole' yellow school buses. Now they take charter buses, which is actually more comfy, plus there are bathrooms! :) Always good for the little one's.

After arriving at the farm, the guide took them around to various animals to explain what the animal was and the feeding habits of the animals.




Feeding the goats. The kids were amazed at how the goats went right up to them and ate right out of their hands.


Riding a pony!


Milking a cow! The kid's couldn't figure out how 'this milk' went into the gallon's that are in our fridge. So cute!

Oh my lands, pumpkins pumpkins everywhere! Searching for just the right pumpkin!


And here it is!


Whew, what a day! Getting ready to get back on the bus and head back to school!
The kids are out of school tomorrow and they have asked to go see High School Musical 3! So I'm hoping that there isn't a mad rush at the theater's tomorrow afternoon. But we'll be there watching Troy, Gabrielle, and Sharpay celebrate their Wildcat's graduation!
Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like you all had a fun time. :)

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Cute pics! I'm hoping to take the kids to see HSM3 tomorrow too!~

Heidi Zawisza said...

Good luck with the H.S. musical thing.....let me know how you liked it!! I will take the kids, but probably not OPENING weekend!! You go girl!!!

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

That looks like so much fun!! I always loved animals when I was little. The pumpkin pictures are adorable too.

CarolinaGirl said...

Ashlyn loved HSM3. Her Daddy took her right after school! Too cute!

Jessica said...

Shelby has such a cute haircut!

Actually, a friend of a friend made my shower cake!! Didn't she do an amazing job?? : )