Tuesday, March 10, 2009

10 on the 10th-first edition


Mer over at Lifeat 7000 feet suggested this awesome idea of doing a 10 on the 10th post. I love it! Not only does it get my mind thinking outside the box, it helps me post when I really am clueless as to what to post. LOL


So today I was thinking what could I post my first edition on 10 on the 1oth? So many things came to mind but the first was a listing of movies that I really enjoy watching. Some of these are on my iPod and I get to enjoy often. I hope you find some new movies to enjoy........





1. Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. This is my all time favorite movie! I don't know why but I do. I think I've watched it several times while waiting for Shelby at dance or gymnastics.





2. Nights in Rodanthe. This is a new movie and I loved watching the scenes of the Outer Banks. I so want a beach house! Incredible ending, not at all what I expected.





3. Bye Bye Birdie. My favorite musical of all time! Incredible.......the old style is the best with Ann Margaret!




4. Hope Floats. I really enjoy watching Sandra Bullock. She has some great films.





5. Sweet Home Alabama. One of my favorite actresses is Reese Witherspoon.......as you'll soon see from this list. LOL






6. Legally Blonde. Both one and two! Can't wait till they decide to do a part three!



7. Under the Tuscan Sun. Great movie........makes me want to visit Italy every time I've watched it.






8. Walk the Line. Great movie about Johnny and June Cash! Joaquin Phoenix is also awesome in this movie!




9. We are Marshall. I don't know why but I really enjoy this movie. The determination of the remaining football players and the town is just amazing!


10. Game Plan. Such a fun and light movie. My boys love watching this and I love watching it with them!
Well, I hope you found a few new movies to rent.

12 comments:

Amber said...

A couple of your movies are on my list today, too!!!

Jackie said...

Hi, Jennifer!

We are huge movie fans, but I have to admit I haven't seen a couple of these - I'll have to add them to my list.

I LOVE Reese Witherspoon, so I adore anything with her in it.

So nice to meet you!

Carpool Queen said...

The Game Plan was too cute for words, and Nights in Rodanthe made me cry. I had read the book, but I always forget how they end, and when the horses come galloping down the beach I was SOBBING in the theater while my husband was trying to find the nearest exit door...

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Excellent, excellent choices! I own most of those. Not Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil though. I watched it a long time ago, but saw it at the library the other day. Guess it's time to watch it again!

Thanks for playing along!!!

Gretchen said...

I don't know you Jennifer, but it appears that you have a little girl crush on Reese Witherspoon. :)

I would be in on that one, too. Haven't seen Tuscan or Rodanthe. Groovy. New list started for Blockbuster.

Becca~CapturingSimpleJoys said...

Oh, I love Walk the Line and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil was a great read but I've never seen the movie. I just may have to add that to my netflix list!

Stephanie said...

Great list - I've only seen a couple on the list so you've definitely given me a few new options to check out!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have quite a few on your list that I have not seen. I think I'm the last female on the planet who has not seen Legally Blonde (I or II) OR Sweet Home Alabama. And I really like Reese Witherspoon!

Thanks for stopping by today! I'm definitely going to check out your suggestions; they sound great!

Lauren said...

Loved your list and thanks for stopping by my blog. Just curious, what part of Florida are you from??? :o)

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil is one of my favorite books EVER! My grandparents lived in Savannah when I was growing up, so it always hold a special place in my heart! Also, I love Reese Witherspoon too. I don't think she can do anything wrong.

Linda said...

My favorite is Sweet Home Alabama.. The kids have been watching Game Plan. It is a cute movie.
Thanks for sharing your 10 favorites.
Blessings,
Linda

Stephanie said...

Since you wrote your top ten movies, I thought I'd comment with ten movies that I love:
1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Fools Rush In
3. Pride & Prejudice
4. A Walk to Remember
5. Enchanted
6. High School Musical
7. Just Like Heaven
8. 13 Going on 30
9. Life Is Beautiful
10. The Bourne series

We also just watched Twilight last night. Have you seen it and, if so, what did you think?