Easter morning we woke up to a cute little Easter bunny in the backyard. Shelby thought that was the Easter bunny that brought their Easter baskets. :) So cute! Then we headed out to Cornerstone Church for a fabulous Easter service. We got home a little after noon and my parents came over, so did my brother and his family.
As I was getting everything out for our Easter lunch, my nephew came in and said that there was an alligator in our backyard. I have to admit, I thought he was joking. I mean who ever thinks there will be a gator in your backyard? Seriously! But nope, the gator was there on the side of the creek in our backyard sunning itself!
We called Animal Control, who was closed. Then we called the Sheriff's office and a patrolman came out to check things out. He couldn't reach anyone at Fish & Game or any of the state certified trappers. He gave Craig the phone number of a local guy and later that afternoon, we finally reached the guy. He came out but the gator wasn't budging. We had too many people in the backyard...........kid's playing, kid's swimming, music on...........too much noise for it to come out.
So the next afternoon, the trapper came out and ended up having to shoot it and then capture it. I'm still grateful that it stayed in the creek area and not up near the house!
Amazing isn't it?
Hope your Easter was blessed with much happiness!
1 comment:
That is just crazy!
Were your kids freaking out?
I'm a fan of wildlife, but when it comes to things that are larger than me--bears, mountain lions, ALLIGATORS, I think I prefer to observe it from indoors!
Thanks for sharing your pics. Keep me posted on your new blog. Have you started it yet?
Post a Comment