Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A Hard Freeze Warning! Possible flurries!

News Flash! We are getting cold here in the 'Sunshine' state! Nothing like our friends up north, but for this part of the world, we are cold! LOL

Farmers, Floridians Brace With State Under Freeze Warning
CENTRAL FLORIDA -- With all of Florida under a freeze warning, citrus and other farmers prepared Wednesday for possibly damaging temperatures into the teens and 20s.



The local weather guy, Tom Terry, said that even our coastal neighbors (less than an hours drive) could have FLURRIES! Yep, folks, flurries! Of course, nothing to build a snowman with, but still flurries! I joked with my DH that we should drive to the coast to see them. He laughed so hard!


http://www.wftv.com/weather/14961890/detail.html

So in light of the cold weather, I've decided to make some piping hot chili for dinner with strawberry shortcake for dessert! Yummo! As you can see by the picture I'm using my new Racheal Ray cookware set! Yeah!



So what's for dinner tonight?

4 comments:

Hillary said...

Hello! I found your blog through my friend Kelly's. I love bouncing around to different blogs. First of all I really like your layout. The brown is great! Second of all I feel your pain about your team losing yesterday. Mine did too! At least your team played well and it was a fun game to watch. Third of all, that's so exciting about snow flurries! I'm sure you don't get that kind of weather often in Florida. We get it some here in Arkansas but not a ton!
Anyway, lots of randomness from someone you don't know! Ha!

Jessica said...

Woa! Flakes in Florida! Scandelous! Ha ha ha! Enjoy it. Your soup looks yummy!

Shelly said...

Jen, you are too funny! Your chili looks yummy, send the recipe over, girl! Snow flakes in FL? Hmmm...being in MN, I wonder if they look like ours? ROTFL!!! Love your blog, it looks so cool!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love the look of your blog.
I wish I was there to enjoy your shortcake. It is my favorite coming in second to Key Lime Pie.