Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Final Reveal..........


I am so excited to reveal our 'new' master bedroom. For many years, I have watched all sorts of HGTV shows about how a master bedroom is supposed to be a retreat, a place of serenity and peace, if you will. Well, I think that is what we accomplished with our bedroom.


In mid December, Craig surprised me and said that he wanted to get a new bedroom set after I showed him one that I did like. You see it's been a bit of a game between us. He sees one and shows me, I don't care for it. Then I show him one, and he doesn't like it. In December, we finally agreed on one that we BOTH liked! Amazing!


So we went to the furniture store and ordered our new furniture. They were set to deliver the furniture in early January. When the delivery arrived, we were shocked to see that both night stands were virtually destroyed on the top and side? So the delivery guys left us with our two dressers and armoire. In hindsight, it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought because we were able to slowly go thru all of our other items to do a major early spring cleaning. Then by early February our bed and nightstands arrived. Yeah!


One of my bloggy friends, Jessica, told me about an awesome store called TJ Maxx. So after several trips there, we found all of our bedding. I love the colors of brown and blue so much! I think one day I'll have to redo our master bath to 'match'. Shhhh, don't tell Craig! LOL



Here is our bed. In 'real life' it is a grand piece that makes the room. The detail in the head and foot boards are so beautiful. I picked up the side lights from Lowe's. And the prints above the bed are from Home Interiors.



The gentleman's dresser and curio are to the right of our door. I have a few of my favorite things in the curio, including handprints of the kids, some special Longaberger baskets, and a few Boyd's Bears. On top of the gentleman's dresser is a salt lamp, a man's jewelry chest, and a beautiful letter 'G' that my friend, Jessica, made for me! I love it. I was going to put that G in the entry way of our house but I like it much better in my room.


Here is my dresser. Forgive the light in the mirror. I couldn't figure out how to take this without that light. It has a ton of room and houses some of Craig's clothes as well as some of my scrapbooking items. LOL I also picked up that jewelry chest at Walmart! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it. I had been looking and looking for one and never saw one that I really liked, till I saw this one in Walmart. There is also a picture of our family sitting on a Harley in York, PA. I love that picture. It was actually one we used last year for our Christmas cards!


This is our armoire! It holds our television on our bedroom. On top of the armoire is a cute little olive jar and plant from Southern Living at Home. Also some cute candle holders from the same company. Then another one of my favorite pieces is our handcrafted tile from my friend, Jessica. Isn't that beautiful! Check out her site for some of her creations! She is very talented!
Upclose on the top of the armoire.........


I hope that enjoyed the little tour of our 'new room'.

10 comments:

Jessica said...

Ahhh!!!! I LOVE it all!

1. Your bed is to die for! Uhhh!!
2. I love the bedding! Isn't T.J. Maxx your new best friend?
3. The paintings look super!

I got your gift in the mail! I love it! I'm so excited I won! Thanks for sending it!

I love you, Jenn! You are so kind!

Hillary said...

I LOVE your bed!!! It's great! And the tile Jessica did for you looks perfect in your room! Job well done!

Rebecca said...

The whole room is GORGEOUS!!!!!! You did a fantastic job!! It looks so rich.

The Hickmans said...

It is beautiful- I love it all, the furniture, bedding, decorations, pillows! You did an awesome job decorating. :)

Beth said...

I love it too. I really like your headboard/footboard and bedding! That tile is cool, too. What a nice gift!

Anonymous said...

Love your new bedroom. Everything looks so nice. It looks like a very restfull place to be able to hang out at. I love all the decoration's in your room also.

Jessica said...

Have you sent an email recently? All I have gotten is this comment. Hmmm.....

The Hickmans said...

Hi! I got your comment on my blog about the wipes, but I don't have your email address. Mine is on that post, so please email me. I would love to hear what you have to say. Thanks!

Kelly said...

You did a great job!!!! I love everything! And I can't believe it was your first trip to T J Maxx - see what you've been missing!!!

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, wow! Looks great..! am so glad you loved mine so much you got the same set!! Its an asesome set. (tho rooms to go delivery sucks huh) ours was damaged 2 times till they got it right! Ours is still for sale if any of your friends would care for it..give them my number! HOuse hasnt sold yet and Keith is still downn there. Kids are doing well and Dylan misses Brandon alot!! Please tell him hello! Hugs .....Diane Beyer