

We drove about 10 hours, which was a bit longer then planned. We had originially planned to drive 6 hours and stay at a hotel, then finish the drive with another 6 hours. Well, the kids were either sleeping, watching a movie, or drawing and all was quiet so we kept driving. Well, actually hubby kept driving. I was watching Seabiscuit, which is a really good movie.

We ended up about 2 hours away from Gatlinburg when we finally decided to stop and rest. Here was the view from the outside of the hotel. It was a little chilly and sprinkled, but not too bad. We drove into Gatlinburg and found our cabin. Here's one of the views. Isn't it beautiful!
We ventured out into Gatlinburg and walked around the different shops. As a family we have never been to Gatlinburg. I was there in college a couple of times on various road trips. My sorority was instrumental in building and now, maintains, the local Arts & Crafts center called Arrowmont. They were closed but we are planning on visiting later this week. Oh and yes, we drove 12 hours so my daughter can get an icee! LOL
1 comment:
What a beautiful mountain picture! The town looks so cute to visit. I am glad you got to get away for your spring break. You asked about my bag and yes, it is Vera. It is the summer bag I bought last year and it is great to hold everything, but is light on my back. Perfect for vacationing!!!
Post a Comment