We are having a great time in Gatlinburg! Today we spent some time just hanging out around town and seeing some sites. We took this this tram ride as part of the
Ober Gatlinburg attraction. I never realized that there was a ski section here. The ice skating rink was closed for the day due to the rain. Yes, rain. It wasn't heavy rain or anything but steady enough to alter a lot of the attractions.
Although the alpine slide was closed, they had a little simulation sled available for people to see. So of course all the kids had a chance at sitting on the sled.




I haven't been to Gatlinburg in years. When I was in college I belonged to a sorority called
Pi Beta Phi. One of the best things was our philantrophy, called
Arrowmont, which was based on helping people create different crafts. It was a great pleasure to take my family to the place that I loved going to while in college. I have fond memories of sitting in the settlement school with the girls in my chapter talking, singing, and having fun.


The local elementary school is named after the sorority,
Pi Beta Phi Elementary. It was fun remembering going there as a college student and now taking my daughter! I think it would be fun if she were to choose Pi Phi as a legacy and then we go there when she is older!

We visited some of the area resorts and the kids had fun posing for pictures. Here is Brandon with the bear statues.

and then Shelby near the little waterfall........

When we were leaving for the night, we noticed this
haunted 'mansion'. It was all lit up and was playing scary music. Very Halloween like. LOL
2 comments:
What fun! I'm glad you all are having a good time. :)
Glad you are having so much fun! So cute that you had your daughter pose in front of the Pi Phi sign. I like to daydream about having a daughter and having her pledge my sorority one day! I think that would be so fun!
Post a Comment