Another year has passed~ It seems like yesterday that school began and now it's June and the kids have their last day tomorrow. Today was my daughter's preschool graduation.........uh, Celebration. They sang songs and said a poem and then as their names were called they crossed the stage. I had to laugh at first because I was SURE that my daughter would not really participate because she said the stage was 'scary'. But she did participate and we could hear her as we sat in the audience. The kids had to say aloud what their favorite thing about preschool was and she said the Easter Egg Hunt! That must have been some egg hunt because most of the kids mentioned it, or holding the baby chicks! The teacher had some eggs in the classroom with the heating lamp, etc. The kids got to watch as the eggs hatched and tried to guess what kind of animal was being born. The answers ranged from alligator to chick to pig! ROFL
I had to prepare the teacher gifts for my 4th grader and the preschooler. I chose to get one of the mini everyday display boards from Creative Memories and decorate them for the teachers. I chose to do something basic with the boards by using an 8x8 decorated paper and a photo of my child with their teacher (or assistant). The teachers loved them and I was so happy. I try so hard to make sure it is something extra special because I know how it can be in the classroom. After teaching for nearly 17 years, I can honestly remember each and every gift that I had ever received.
I am looking forward to relaxing a little, less running around, and sleeping in! LOL However I won't be sleeping in till next week My daughter has her dance recital on Saturday.
5 comments:
I love your teacher gifts! I have one of those display boards sitting in my closet waiting for me to actually put a few pics on it!
Glad your summer is officially here!!!
Ahh! You are such a sweet parent to give such a wonderful gift! I love it!! : ) Tell me how the recital goes!
Those teacher gifts are fantastic. I am always on the hunt for something new. Thanks for sharing. I am glad school is over right now as well. Looking forward to the break.
Blessings,
Linda
send me your e-mail address to somelikeitsouthern@gmail.com so I can send you an invite!
Thanks!
Yay, Go Gators!!!
Yes, Seaside is beautiful! If you ever have the chance to visit you should. It can be pretty pricey to actually rent a house inside of Seaside but you can usually find some good deals right outside of Seaside. It's like a little slice of heaven.
Post a Comment