Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tornado? Computer problems? Oh my!



Have you seen this sign above? I haven't but now I know it! It means 'lookout for tornadoes'. Tuesday was a whopper of a day. I had just spent a couple of hours going thru Quickbooks and finishing all the paperwork for the month. I had reconciled all the accounts. I had to leave to pick up the kids from a playdate. All was well until I noticed the sky ahead of me was dark and scary. As I approached it got darker and darker. I turned onto the street and as I talked with the Mom and Dad their neighbor walked out and said we were in a tornado warning and they mentioned the area of this home. I had to access quickly if it was smarter for me to stay or go. I decided to stay. I detest driving anyway so for me to drive thru wicked weather would have been the worst. As we waited and watched we did hear the faint sounds of a train..........they do NOT live near any tracks. So we determined their was a tornado around us somewhere. It was quite scary! I drove home afterwards and when I arrived my hubby was sitting at my computer staring at it. My older son told me that it wasn't starting and my hubby was trying to get it rolling. He also told me that our RV was not working either! It was pulling out heat and was acting 'odd'. Oh my gosh!



Long story short, my computer is fried. A computer geek (self titled too!-LOL) has it so he can try to save the harddrive memory with all of my documents and pictures. Then we are fortunate that our computer is still under warranty so they are sending a box for repairs. I can't even imagine having to redo all of this stuff, so I am praying that all the info can be found AND saved!

Then today to make matters worse, there was another storm. Guess what? Yep, our TV got hit. So we decided that this was too strange that all of this was happening at once. Why you ask? We have lightning protection and surge protection galore? So we called out the power company and they are accessing to see if we are grounded correctly. Our electrician is coming out tomorrow to check as well.


I am SO ready for this week to be over and hopefully start with a better week soon! Our plans for Father's Day is scrapped because of the expense of all this damage.


On a good note I did something crafty! I had an estimate for someone to redo our upholstery on the kitchen chairs. They quoted us nearly $500 for the kitchen chairs alone. I couldn't stomach that much for just some fabric on chairs. So my friend Valerie and I decided to try it ourselves! We had so much fun doing the chairs. I had my first taste of power tools too..........a staple gun fueled by an air compressor! Wow, the power. I forgot to take a before shot but here is the after. The chairs were a cream color before that showed every stain that our three kiddos can muster. LOL I love this new burgundy red color! What do you think?


I hope you are having a far better week!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Isn't it funny everything you can get done when you don't have your computer. Not that I think it is worth not having the computer. Hope you are all doing well with the crazy weather!!

Ansbaughmom said...

Oh my -yeah I thought moving to Georgia we wouldnt have to worry about that stuff anymore but they have tornadoes here too. So good to check in on your family. Hope all is well!!

Blogger said...

OMGosh, we have the same taste in chairs! lol We had HIDEOUS chair pads...and my husband and I also recovered them ourselves in a RED print...the chairs are cream, like yours...I have not blogged about those yet, but I should! It was pretty easy and only cost us about $30 for all 4 chairs, not bad!!! :)

Nice to meet you!

Bella