Thursday, June 26, 2008

What a week!

The house is quiet right now, and has been for a couple of days. The boys are spending the week with my parents on the beach. They are having fun swimming every day at the pool or at the beach. There is a little snow cone place near my parents house and I am SURE that they have been going there as well!





I'm totally excited! The Whole Foods Market opened up a store closer to us and I can't wait to check it out. This market is actually a bit bigger then the one about an hour and a half away from me. I used to schedule a day to go to the market and visit some old college stomping grounds along the way. This market actually features a butcher, fresh veggies and produce, a cool bakery, and a nice little eating area. We went to one in Greenville South Carolina and it was out of this world! The local paper even had a coupon so that makes it even better! I heard they have the SIGG water bottles, so that would be great if they did, especially with the coupon. Now if they would only build a Trader Joe's!




When we head out later to go the market, I am excited about also stopping by Justice for Girls and Yankee Candle. I have some great coupons for both and they are also having some great sales! Yeah!


This morning I spent about two hours with our local power company having an energy audit done at the house. I was alarmed when our power bill arrived 3 weeks ago and immediately called to see what we could be doing different or what we could do to help our bill go down. So I had started doing little things.............washing in cold water, no heat dry on the dishwasher, running full loads of laundry, turning off lights (or unplugging so my little princess wouldn't feel the need to light up EVERYONE'S world!). I was happy with the results of the audit. We did find a little leak in one of the ducts and they offer a rebate to have that fixed. So that was cool. Then they did a check on our usage from our last bill..............we were down 15 kw! So that means by what I was doing in those 3 weeks, I was actually making a huge difference! Woo Hoo! Now tonight after we hit all the stores, I want to stop at the store to get the CFL light bulbs.





The little Princess turns 5 on Sunday! Can you believe it? It seems like just yesterday that I was preparing to have her. With my pregnancy with her I only gained 11 pounds. I wasn't really able to eat much or drink anything but water because I had gestational diabetes. I had to check my sugar intake 5 times a day and once a week I could splurge and have a crystal light! I still laugh that I used to see a 7-11 miles ahead because they offered Crystal Light slurpees, which was perfect for the Florida summer heat! We had her birthday party with her friends a couple of weeks ago because of school. So on Sunday we'll be hanging out and possibly go out to dinner........her choice. I wonder where she will choose?? Hmmm. Our tradition is that when it is your birthday you can choose what you want for dinner..........we can eat in or out, your choice, restaurant of your choice too! The boys love it! I just finished putting her gift in a bag and was delighted that the blue baby hippo webkinz that I ordered arrived today! Yoo Hoo

Well, off to get the Princess ready to head to the stores!

6 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Have fun at the market...I think it might be my MOST favorite place to shop!

Heidi Zawisza said...

I LOVE WHOLE FOODS!!
If you ever get a Trader Joes, you will love that place too! They have better prices....But Whole Foods has a better selection, I think!

ilovepink said...

Have a great time shopping with your princess. That is one of my favorite things to do!!!

Ansbaughmom said...

Oh my daughter is nutty about Webkinz-I hope your daughter has a great birthday. I remember when we came to her party (I guess it was 2 years ago??)Time sure does fly.

Heidi Zawisza said...

Hey girl! You can just upload your pics to Photobucket, and then go to "edit pictures" and mess around with them! Totally easy!
Have a great rest of the weekend!
Heidi

Heidi Zawisza said...

Oh, and no problem on the blogroll!! Can I add you? I am going to be making a new roll soon! ha!