Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Poppyseed Chicken, Oranges, and Christmas!



Last night I made a recipe from Kelly's Korner blog of recipes. It's called Poppyseed Chicken. Yummy! I had to laugh because the whole time that I was preparing the meal, the kids were asking what is this mom we haven't seen this stuff before! LOL Then once it was time for dinner, they couldn't get enough. The whole casserole was gone! Easy cleaning for me. ROFL (btw, this picture is from Kelly's blog..........I wasn't able to get a picture of the one I made.)


Here's the recipe from Kelly's blog:



Poppy seed chicken

2 or 3 chicken breasts, boiled and cut in small pieces

1 16 oz sour cream ( I used one carton of fat free unflavored yogurt)

1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of mushroom soup

2 tbls of poppyseeds

Ritz crackers

1 stick of butter


Mix the first 4 ingredients and put in a baking dish. Cover with crushed up ritz crackers. Melt a stick of butter and pour on top.


Bake for 20-30 minutes at 350. Serve with white rice.


Today I went out to do a couple returns and errands. It wasn't as bad out as I had thought. I went to Kohl's and was surprised at the sales in the store. I made a decision standing in Kohl's that I want to create a coastal themed tree for next year.......a small tree for the entry way. I'm really excited because I got nearly 10 seashell themed ornaments for less then $10! Now I know I'll be searching for some cute ornaments from any of our coastal visits this year.


On the way to do my errands I also stopped by the orange grove and picked up a bushel of oranges..........only $12 and we have dozens of oranges. Brandon has been busy making orange juice since we got home. :) Yummy fresh orange juice for Christmas morning! That and the hashbrown casserole recipe from Kelly's blog!


In case I don't get back on before Christmas, I hope that you have a fabulous, safe, happy, and healthy Christmas! May God Bless you and your families this season!

1 comment:

Pink, Green, and Southern said...

I love poppyseed chicken. It is so good! When my grandparents lived in FL we used to go to an orange grove every year at Christmas and get a bunch of oranges. They always make me think of Christmas! I hope you and your family have a great Christmas!!