Friday, January 9, 2009

Savings galore!

One of my goals this year is to save money while shopping. I found two blogs/sites that I think are fabulous! They not only share the specials BUT they give links for the online coupons and list what dates the other coupons were in the circulars! One is Swaggrabbers and the other is Money Saving Mom!

So on Tuesday I ventured out to Walgreen's and Publix. I armed myself with $20 and figured I'd see what I could buy for $20 or less using the coupons and strategies on these sites. I couldn't believe it when I came home with $2 still in my pocket and ALL of these items too!
My first stop was Walgreen's. This week's ad is awesome. There are a lot of great deals with their store coupons alone. But adding the other coupons made it even better! I bought all of these items below and walked out only paying $17.55. Can you believe it? Seventh Generation is my new find. I have always been a fan of natural type cleaners and usually use either Melaleuca or Shaklee. But they are costly and I decided to try the other products in the Seventh Generation lineup. I have to say I was not disappointed!




Then I headed next door to Publix (our grocery store) and picked up these items for only.........are you ready for this? 34 cents! Yep...........that's right!!!





I am having fun saving money! I have also started to read this book by Dave Ramsey........


Well, off to boil some chicken. The peeps want poppyseed chicken for dinner!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Gotta love it!!! Also try www.hotcouponworld.com. That's one of my favorites. My fun grocery store buy this week was free toothpaste and toothbrushes--keep some extras for company and then donate the rest. Last week, I got $.50 ben and jerry's ice cream---YUMMY! :) Have fun w/ the savings. Moneysavingmom also has a nice Christian women's blog as well.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

GREAT job, Jennifer.

I just checked out both of those links, and ended up bookmarking them. Thank you for the tip!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I love saving money and using coupons. It's like a fun game/challenge!