Monday, January 19, 2009

Walgreen's & CVS Deals!

Sorry for the second post in a row about the deals but I can't help myself! After checking out the deals in the flyers and checking the coupons that I had, I took my middle son out with me to run some errands. They were out of school today and I thought this would be a great math lesson.
First, we went to Walgreen's. I didn't go to our normal one because I had 'grand opening store coupons' and that allowed me to save an additional $3. I have several of them so I wanted to be sure to use them, especially since I was going anyway.
Walgreen’s Shopping List

Transaction 1:

Buy 5 8-packs of Pepsi Products $13.50
Buy 3 Frito Lay Products $7.50
Buy 1 Gatorade $1.00
Total $22.00
Receive $10 in RR
$22.00
-$3.00 Canoe Creek coupon
$19.00

Transaction 2:

Huggies Diapers $9.99 - -Used a $2.00 coupon Receive $1 RR
Orville Redenbacher popcorn 2/$3- used two $1.00 off coupons $.50 each
Mauna Loa Macadamias 2/$4-$3.00 off from Walgreen’s coupon book $1.00
Novelty candy lollypop$.39

$10.38
- $3.00 Canoe Creek coupon
$ 7.38

$11.00 Walgreen’s Rapid Reward Dollars which I can use at a later date!

Then off I went to CVS. I had to go to two different CVS stores because I was looking for the cold pops for my daughter. Neither store had them. :( But it worked out because in my haste, I forgot to get the rest of the pepsi products for the coupon deal!

CVS Shopping List:

Cottonelle 12 pack of double toilet paper $6.99
*they ran out of the one on sale and did a substitute but no bonus bucks though

Buy $20 worth of Pepsi products, Get $10 ECBs (Limit 1) ***see below for story on this!
Buy 5 8-packs of Pepsi Products $10.00
Total $10.00

St. Ives body Wash $2.99 each –buy 2
$2.00 off coupons per = $.99 each
Total $1.98

Buy 1 Nasogel Drip Free Gel Spray 1.52 oz. at $7.99, Get $7.99 ECBs
Total $5.99

CVS Brand Allergy Relief $3.79 (limit 2)
Total $7.98

CVS Brand ladies shavers $3.99
Use $3 off CVS brand item coupon
Total $.99
Hallmark cards 3 @ $.99 each
*receive $3 in ECB's
Milk $3.59

Deduct $4.00 extra bucks
Deduct $1.00 extra bucks
Deduct $10 off of $50 purchase
Deduct $2 Nasalgel coupon
Deduct $2 St. Ives coupon
Deduct $2 St. Ives coupon
Deduct $3 CVS brand item coupon

$18.10 OOP

$26.96 CVS ECB’s earned

Then I went to another CVS and bought these items:
Buy 5 Pepsi 8-packs $10
Buy 3 Lay's Potato Chips $9.00
Buy 1 Gatorade $1.25
Total $20.25
Buy one 24 pack of Gold Emblem water bottles $3.99
Buy one box of Divine cookies (CVS brand) $3.19
Deduct $1.00 for water bottles
Deduct $1.00 for cookies
Deduct $5 off $25 purchase coupon
Used $15.98 in ECB's
Used $3.00 in ECB's
Out of pocket $1.75
Woo Hoo!
Plus I received a $10 ECB~
I know it seems like a lot of soda but my son's birthday party is Saturday so I'm able to use these for his party! Love it!!!
Now off to Gymnastics! Thanks for letting me share!

2 comments:

Becky said...

Hi Jennifer; thanks for stopping by today. Girl, you really blew out the savings didn't you. WOW!!! We don't have a CVS in my hometown. However, we do have a new Walgreen and I don't take advantage of their savings. I should, but I never really think about them. I'm gonna have to do better! Have a GREAT rest of the week!

Linda said...

oh my heavens. You are a good girl looking for all these deals. I need to do this pronto!
Blessings,
Linda