Monday, April 27, 2009

A riddle for you...........

What does alligators and snow have in common? Give up? Shelby! ROFL Our weekend was full of activity. I am so thrilled to have the Casio camera to use for these shots. Compact and great shots! Love it! I accidently left it in the car on Saturday but will make sure I have it for next week's game.

On Friday Shelby's class visited the Reptile World Serpentarium on a field trip. Nearly 60 kindergarten students ventured on this field trip just down the road from their school. They had a lot of fun.


Shelby in front of the bearded dragon display. These looked just like the one's featured in the movie Holes!

The momma gator was especially active when we were there. She had five baby gators in the pond with her so as the kids walked around the fenced area, she followed! The owner of the serpentarium let the kids watch her feed the gators. As she approached with the bucket she taped it and was calling out for the gators. All of a sudden you saw this HUGE momma gator running out of the pond! She ran around the grass area and back into the pond. I was amazed how fast she ran!

The classes watching the venom show! This particular serpentarium was founded in 1972 as a research facility for the production and distribution of snake venoms. The kids were able to see Diamondback Rattlers, King Cobras, Vipers, and giant Pythons!



The kids loved watching and feeding the turtles! They also had some land turtles in the turtle area.


On Saturday we spent most of the afternoon at the football fields as the boys had a flag football game. They didn't win, but they played a great game. 12 to 13. I forgot my camera in the car so I didn't get any pictures but I will make sure I have it next weekend. After the football game, I headed out to Kmart to get a few last minute items with their double coupon sale!
Birthday parties were on the agenda on Sunday. Brandon went to a birthday party with some family friends. They had an outdoor water slide and then pizza for lunch.
Shelby went to her friend's party at the ice skating rink. Brrrr was it cold in there! Shelby was able to skate for the first time. She had a lot of fun. I think she only fell twice and got right back up, which is good! They had these little 'skating carts' for the kids to use.



Here she goes!






All the little girls had so much fun skating!






After pizza and popcorn, the kid's opened gifts and had birthday cake. Then outside they went to play in SNOW! The kids had fun throwing snowballs and making snowmen! The snow melted fast as it was nearly 88 degrees that day! But they had a blast!










Because of the birthday parties I didn't put out anything for dinner and since we have been eating at home and not going out, we decided to go to the lakefront and eat at Crabby Bill's. It was really nice to eat and enjoy the great weather while looking out at the water!


What a great weekend !

1 comment:

Linda said...

Shelby is such a pretty little girl. Looks like the field trip was lots of fun. I can't believe school is almost over. I am so excited. Hope you are doing well.
Blessings