
As a former Reading teacher, I've always loved having books for my own children. I love to read and love to take my children to the library often to check out books. So when I saw this giveaway, I had to join in on the fun!
Over the past seven years, Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories has given away more than 35 million children´s books by distributing them free inside cereal boxes and has donated nearly $3 million to First Book, their non-profit partner, which provides books to children from low-income families. In addition to encouraging children to read, Cheerios is looking for anyone interested in writing children´s books. Now in its third year, the Cheerios Spoonfuls of Stories New Author Contest is a way to encourage previously unpublished, up-and-coming children´s book authors and to continue to nurture a love of reading. Entries are being accepted March 16 through July 15, 2009 and will be judged on appropriate story and content for children ages 3-8, emotional connection, writing quality, uniqueness, and read-aloud potential. More details on the contest can be found at http://www.spoonfulsofstoriescontest.com/.
Shellie Braeuner, the first year´s winner, won for her book "The Great Dog Wash". This nanny from Nashville won a $5,000 cash prize and the opportunity to have her book reviewed by Simon and Schuster Children´s Publishing. Simon & Schuster offered Shellie a book deal - and will publish her book, illustrated by Robert Neubecker, in hardcover this summer. In addition, Cheerios will be featuring "The Great Dog Wash" free inside 1.5 million boxes of Cheerios. The book has been specially printed in paperback in both English and Spanish and will be available free inside boxes of Cheerios this spring.
I have the opportunity to giveaway a special box with these books included! Simply add a comment to my post sharing your favorite children's book. Pretty easy, huh! I will draw for a winner on Friday, May 22. All enteries must be in before 9 a.m. on the 22nd. I will draw for a winner after noon.
7 comments:
How fun! My favorite book as a child was "The Old Black Witch". It's out of print now--it probably was even as kid! :)
My favorite was Goodnight Moon growing up. My boys love the Dinosaur books.
any of the curious george books are my favorite...i keep my eyes open for them at yard sales to add to my collection!
~eunice
rsmile2u @dejazzd. com
My favorite is still Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.
Deb
ardenpostma@aol.com
My daughter's and my current favorite is Guess How Much I Love You. She always waits for me to give her a kiss when we get to the page where Little Nutbrown Hare is going to bed.
Guess how Much I love You By sam McBratney is my fav too. I get teary every time I read it! Thanks for you kind words and HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
Sure. Just leave me your email. :)
Post a Comment