What a whirlwind weekend here! The pool is just about finished and we spent Saturday cleaning the house, filling the pool with water, putting out the fall decorations, and going to Dylan's football game. They lost but played so much better. It was a beautiful fall day and the crisp air was awesome!
On Sunday it rained most of the day so we decided to head out to Lowe's and Sam's Club. Along the way we realized that there was time to go to the Disney Liquidation Sale. It's a sale that Disney holds with 'their town' of Celebration. Proceeds go to the schools in the town. I've never been before and wasn't sure what to expect. I figured it would be a lot of damaged merchandise or very old merchandise. I was shocked to see a lot of great items. Yes, they had some older items (2007 photo albums and frames), but they had a ton of clothing and figurines, etc. The event was held in the school gym and had aisles and aisles of great items. I had to laugh at Craig because we had two baskets up at the register. The cashier rang everything in and Craig's eyes were getting bigger and bigger. The total on the register was $489.34! He looked at me and said what! I said just wait because they haven't taken off the discount. After she did that the grand total was $123.49~ Woo Hoo
What did we get? An adias shirt for my son, a Disney golf shirt for me, two Tommy Bahama shirts for Craig, a Lily Pulitizer precious pink jacket for my daughter, 3 huge beach towels, a High School Musical baseball, 18 Mickey Mouse hair accessories (little clippies), a Tommy Bahama shirt for me, a coin set for Craig (he's getting into coin collecting), and a regular Disney Cruise t-shirt for Craig. I was pretty impressed because if you know Tommy Bahama and Lily Pulitizer you'll know how expensive they are..........but the quality is fabulous so I couldn't resist!
They also had Billabong, Hurley, Nike, etc. They didn't have a lot of toys though, which is something I would have liked. Not sure if they did earlier in the event or what, but I will definitely keep an eye out for this sale in the future!

After the Disney sale, we headed over to Sam's Club. I love Sam's. You always find the neatest items there. I needed to get snacks for Shelby's class and get some frozen items. It's fun going up and down the aisles! Near the back of the store, they had a section of items that they had less then 5 of each item and they were seasonal. So as I was looking at the items I found this:

a Cuisinart Ice Cream/Sorbet maker! I just saw this on Saturday night when we went to BJ's Wholesale for $59. They had it at Sam's Club for $25. I couldn't resist this either. I mean a Cuisinart for $25.........wow! Plus the kids love fresh homemade ice cream, so I know I'll get a lot of great use out of this item for years to come!
I'll post some pics of the pool later this week. I have them here but keep forgetting to post them.
Have a great week!
4 comments:
You got some deals girl!!! Where are you going in N Georgia? Do the kids have a break or are you taking them out of school?
Oh, and just curious......I wonder if anyone at the sale bought 2007 picture frames??? just wondering WHO would do that??? LOL!!!!
You got some great deals!!!!!
I love going to Sam's too - you just never know what you might find!
That sale sounds amazing! I am very jealous about the pool too!! My aunt got that icecream maker for christmas last year and she uses it all of the time.
What a great deal you got!!!!
I know what you mean- finding baby bedding is impossible!!!!
Post a Comment